Business & Profit Strategy
Our starting point in organisations is often in market strategy and/or pricing. But sometimes the solution is not in the market strategy or pricing. When the real challenge is in the corporate strategy, we support organisations in reflecting on what made them excel and if the strategic drivers that made them excel in the past will remain the same drivers to ensure future success. We have a strategy process that helps management teams reflect on their future strategic drivers (how to outcompete competition) - and their future areas of excellence (where we need the money in and focus on).
If your competitors are the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning - and the last thing on your mind in the evening ; you have a me-too strategy and it is not working.
Strategic Leadership Coaching
By defining your future strategic drivers and areas of excellence you create a competitve differentiation to outperform your competition. Of course the most important question to be answered in strategy is ; what business do you want to be in (your sandbox). Your next question to be answered is how to outperform your competitors in your sandbox.
We facilitate strategic discussions based on strategic driver choices and the derived areas of excellence to invest in in order to outperform your competition. The process is described by
The ultimate strategy is one that makes competitors irrelevant.
It ‘s not about good management, but about the 5% you do differently.
That's what is called Strategic Leadership.
Commercial Due Diligence
Our teams help you with the analysis and risk assessment of the commercial strategy ;
- Market dynamics : evaluate size and expected growth
- Competitive landscape
- Product/Market segmentation and positioning
- Customer feedback
- Pricing and Profitability
- Marketing/Sales skills
- Innovation and Product Management
The organisation was integrated in a multinational concern and needed a new market strategy. The segmentation and positioning was outdated - and product innovation and value communication to DMU needed improvement.Read more
After the new investors privatised the company and realised a succesful transformation path - thanks to important investments in operations and implementation of a new global sales organisation - the production facilities were reaching full capacity again. This triggered a new phase for the organisation, switching from a volume strategy to a value/profit strategy. This new strategic path required a new market and pricing approach, with a focus on high added value applications to yield on every ton of the available capacity.Read more
Unilever, Nestle SA and other consumer giants are wooing investors with cash rewards as they lose the pricing power that’s historically driven sales growth and predators circle the industry. Read the full article here : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-19/unilever-plans-7-4-billion-buyback-as-pricing-faces-squeezeRead more
Managers in strong and poor performing companies are doing for 95% identically the same things. This is what we use to call ‘GOOD MANAGEMENT’. But good management is not what we talk about here to outperform yoru competitors. It ‘s about the other 5% that you do differently*. This is about ‘STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP’. --- * If 5% sounds too little to you, remember that human beings and chimpanzees are 98 % identical in their genetic makeup.Read more
Developing your pricing maturity is not just a project, it‘s a journey and change process. It takes time and requires efforts, but is very rewarding - and yes, there is a proven path towards pricing excellence ! The main learning after 15+ years of succesful pricing projects : it's important to do the right thing right - at the right moment. This Thougth Leadership Paper gives you a concrete step-by-step approach to lead you to pricing excellence !Read more