TRAINING : Product Management
During this intensive 2 day training, we discuss all in-and-outs of (commercial) product management.
We support PM teams in both B2B and software industries.
For software industry ; also see our 'Subscripton/Saas Pricing' programme.
B2B TRAINING PROGRAMME CANVAS :
1.Role and Intent of Product Management
- What are the different roles – and added value - of PM ?
- Exploring the different PM organisational designs.
- Reflection : what kind of PM do we need ?
2.The 10 key processes of Product Management
- Reflection : what is your organisational Product Management Maturity ?
- Reflection : what should we improve ?
3.PM as super octopus
- Product managers lack formal authority, they need to develop leadership skills to influence others and lead regardless. McKinsey believes that product managers are increasingly “mini-CEOs of the product” who use a broad knowledge base to make decisions. That requires new skills in aligning diverse functions and to be savvy at developing networks. PM-ers need to develop agent of change skills ; PM-ers are often central in the organisation’s informal networks and need to be effective at bridging disconnected groups to be succesful.
4.What is peak performance as PM ?
- Reflection : how effective are you in your PM role - how do we spend our time ?
- Advantages/Disadvantages of PM ?
5.PM as marketeer (value creation)
- The PM marketing mindset
- Exploring the benefit ladder
- VOC integration techniques
6.PM as planner (the product/market review as key process)
- What is a 'good' product plan ?
- What is an effective process to get a good product plan ?
- Reflection : what content do we need in a product plan ?
- Reflection : do we have an effective product plan ?
7.PM as pricer (value capturing)
- Why innovating around the price is so important
- How to define a value based price ?
- How to define your Saas price (for software)
- How to implement Economic Value Modeling ?
8.PM as innovator
- The role of PM as innovator
- Does PM need to be the scrum product owner - or not ?
- How to priortize features development ?
9.PM as portfolio-manager
- Strategic versus Operational Portfolio Management
- How to make the pruning and phase-out decisions ?
10.Lessons learnt about the PLC and Adoption theory
11.Recap & Personal Action Plan